Thursday, October 22, 2009

Readings: Week 9 (10/27)

HTML Tutorial- I liked this site it was very easy to understand. I really liked the “try it yourself” links they really helped me to see how the different codes worked. I was amazed at how many different things you can do with HTML, I assumed that it was just the very basic bold, italic, etc. This is definitely a website I will use if I need to create any kind of webpage, but I don’t think I could remember all of the different tricks and codes!
There were a few things, however, that I did not really understand. For instance the attributes description was very vague; I am also not sure why you would need a comment that is not going to be displayed. The section I had the most trouble with was the images, where do you get the images to use? Do they have to be on another website?

HTML Cheatsheet- This is another site that will be very helpful for creating a webpage. Though I am glad I read the other article first as it offers more explanation. This site just lists the codes and what they do, so alone it is a bit confusing.

CSS Tutorial- I’m not sure that I understand how this is any easier than HTML, they seem to be pretty much the same thing. All of the extra detail you can do with CSS are very cool, but is it possible to do some of them in HTML format, such as changing the font?

Beyond HTML- This was an interesting idea. I think they had some interesting ways of rebuilding a website so that it was easy to understand and helpful for doing research.

1 comment:

  1. The pictures really confused me too for the HTML Tutorial. I wasn't sure if they had to be from another website or if it was something you could add from your own local computer. But, overall, it was really helpful, though at points it could have been a little clearer.

    ReplyDelete